Goodbye August, Hello September

Thursday 1 September 2011
It's the first day of September, and already my hopes for an Indian Summer are dashed. My bedroom windows are covered in condensation when I wake up this morning and there is a definite chill in the air. When I step outside to head for work, I can actually see my breath and I shudder as my mind suddenly flashes to thick jumpers and heavy coats that will all too quickly become a reality. The only thought I have to keep me warm is the Caribbean Cruise Christmas present from my mom and Dan.

Source

Now lunchtime, I suddenly feel a glimmer of hope as it is a bright, clear day now and dare I say it, actually warm! Sue at work tells me it's supposed to be 26 C (78 F) this weekend, which sounds absolutely perfect. Perhaps an Indian Summer is possible after all. Only time will tell with this unpredictable thing known as English weather.

Erin x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...