Where'd You Go? -- A Quick Recap

Friday 8 April 2011
They say “time flies when you’re having fun”, well that is the understatement of the century. It’s hard for me to believe it is already April, it seems like just yesterday I was back in Vegas trying to arrange a wedding for early January. Now three months on I’m once again in the middle of wedding prep, this time for a wedding reception being arranged by Luke’s mum to celebrate with family and friends who were unable to attend our Vegas festivities at such short notice. Happily, my mum and Dan will be able to join the English lot in the festivities and will be around for a few days before continuing their European adventures in Amsterdam. Lucky sods! Also joining the ‘roast beefs’ will be Domi from France and Luke and I couldn’t be more thrilled. It was Domi who introduced us, she was my host mother and Luke’s boss, because of this she calls herself the marraine (godmother) of our relationship. Unfortunately Yann, my petit-frère, won’t be able to join her but as Domi says, that just means they’ll both have to come out and visit again. I am really looking forward to the reception and it is so close now!

Since I last wrote there has been an American invasion in the form of my friend Amy, who I’ve known since we were wee tots of nine. It was great to catch up with her and show her my new home.  Luke, Amy, and I spent two days in London, courtesy of Amy’s mom and the rest of the time she stayed with us in Worcester. Amy and I had a couple of lovely day trips as well. One to Stratford, Shakespeare’s birthplace, where we walked along the river and I introduced her to Pimm’s (a typically English summer drink). Another was to Birmingham’s Bull Ring for some much needed retail therapy. Amy will be back this summer with her family, so if things go as planned we’ll get the opportunity to pop into London and see her again.

Tower Bridge after our boat cruise on the River Thames

Jetlag - 1, Amy - 0


Cherry Blossoms in Stratford

Erin x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...