First let me preface this by saying no you are not seeing things, this IS my first blog post in nearly two years. However, this post does not herald the return of Quintessentially English. Rather, it is a special exception as today is a special day.
Happy Six Year Expat Anniversary to Me!
When I first moved across the pond, I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself in for. I'd not really planned anything other than getting on the plane. My only real certainty was on the other side would be the man I loved and who loved me.
Looking back, it's crazy to think about everything that's changed since then. These six years have been an incredible journey, some of which I've shared with my readers, but some of the highlights are;
1. I've gotten married
2. Lived in 7 different locations, albeit some only for short periods of time
- In Manchester while Luke finished his degree
- With the in-laws in Southam, just after Luke gradutated
- In Worcester after Luke found a job there
- With the other in-laws in a village outside Milton Keynes when I found a job here
- In Milton Keynes when we both found jobs here
- In a different village outside Milton Keynes when we bought our first house
- In the same village as the other in-laws after we sold our first house and bought a new one
3. Bought 2 homes
|Our first home|
4. Made a successful career for myself
I've just started a new job as Head of Digital Marketing for UnGagged - an SEO/digital marketing conference company
5. Become a mum to Hugo the Springer Spaniel
6. Had my accent morph into a transatlantic confusion
People have asked me if I'm American (yep), British and oddly enough one I get often is Irish.
7. Learned to drive on the wrong side of the road
8. Made some fantastic friendships
Thanks to all who have been along for the ride on both sides of the pond.
Lastly, I would like to dedicate this post to Luke. He's the whole reason I came to England in the first place. Words cannot really describe what he means to me. He is my best friend, partner-in-crime, sounding board